Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
Ethics of end of life care
SHOULD WE WITHHOLD LIFE SUPPORT? THE MR. MARTINEZ CASE
Reflect on the Case Study: Mr. Martinez media piece. Should Mr. Martinez be transferred to intensive care, where his respiratory failure can be treated by a ventilator, and by CPR if necessary, and his oxygen level can be monitored? Assume that doctors cannot contact Mrs. Martinez and must make this choice on their own. To help you reach an objective, ethically sound decision, draw upon concepts and arguments from your textbook and independent research. Support your decision with clear, concise, and correct examples, weaving and citing the readings and media throughout your answer.
Address the following:
• The patient’s directives.
• The patient’s quality of life.
• The family’s stated preferences.
• The cause of the patient’s current respiratory distress.
• The moral issues associated with limiting life support.
• The ethical principles most relevant to reaching an ethically sound decision.
• Important considerations such as implications, justifications, and any conflicts of interest that might arise because of the patient’s respiratory failure.
You will be evaluated as to how well you:
• Articulate the moral issues associated with limiting life support.
• Demonstrate sound ethical thinking and relevant ethical principles when considering limiting life support.
• Explain important considerations that arise when contemplating limiting life support.
• Exhibit proficiency in clear and effective academic writing skills.