Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
Please rewrite this paper in its entirety using the following feedback:-
The paper doesn’t get to the research question and thesis until the second page, and doesn’t start developing the argument until the fourth page. This is far too late in an eight page paper.
– The thesis identifies a very large number of factors supposedly driving the retention of parliamentarism, but most of the subsequent discussion is really just about the virtues of parliamentarism writ large, not why Ethiopian leaders specifically chose it/chose to keep it. Just because parliamentarism has benefits for society doesn’t mean it serves the interests of political elites.
– While I appreciate that you’ve identified some general scholarly literature to help build your argument, the paper contains no direct evidence about the decision-making of Ethiopian constitution-writers, and in fact almost no evidence about Ethiopia at all. You can’t evaluate the theory’s applicability to your case without gathering evidence about your case.
– There seems to be some confusion about the choice of parliamentarism/presidentialism/semi-presidentialism. Nearly all African countries inherited one of these systems at independence, and then most that inherited parliamentarism moved to presidentialism in the 1960s/70s, not during the later wave of democratization. But Ethiopia was never colonized, so its story is different.
– Also, the existence of a parliament does not mean the country has a parliamentary system–the US Congress is a parliament, and the US has a presidential system.
– Parts of the paper lack in-text citations where citations are needed.
I have attached the original research paper (for your reference, so that you know what to fix) and this is the research question for the topic of the paper: Please take a look at the guidelines for the political institutions research paper. My country is Ethiopia and research question is: Why was parliamentarism retained in Ethiopia when other African countries opted out of it into the presidential system after independence? Please refer to the sources I have attached, but you can use other scholarly sources other than the ones that are attached. It would also be nice if you could use at least one primary source. The purpose of the papers is to develop detailed knowledge of at least one African country and to think about the applicability of broader political science theories and concepts in explaining this specific case. You will be rewarded for original thinking, effective integration of scholarly work and empirical evidence, clarity, and concision. Your question and a thesis statement should be clearly presented in the first paragraph, providing a framework for the subsequent discussion. The body of the paper should then be devoted to evaluating how well existing scholarship explains your case, developing your own theory in greater detail, and supporting each piece of your theory with empirical evidence. The paper should not be a generic laundry list of facts about your country, or a simple summary of existing scholarship. You must make an original contribution. Please use Chicago Style’s author–date format for citations.