Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
PechaKucha (PK) is a Japanese term meaning “chit chat” and a creative presentation format that conveys a story or topic of interest using visual images. Presenters describe their story in 15 images for 20 seconds per image (TOTAL 5 MINUTES). Each image (slide) advances to the next slide after 20 seconds. Students will create an individual PK presentation to meet the assignment purpose to peers on the final class meeting date. Learn more about PechaKucha here: https://www.pechakucha.com/presentations/educate-with-pechakucha-create Links to an external site.. An example
Links to an external site. (the content is different from our assignment, just the format is PK).
The purpose of this assignment is for you to reflect on your identities (socially-constructed and/or self-identified) and relevant experiences. The presentation should reflect integration of key course concepts and a synthesis of course materials.
Create a (PK) presentation using the PowerPoint template in Canvas. Access the template here: PechaKucha Template.pptx
Identify a total of 15 images/pictorial elements to convey the required presentation elements. Place one photo/pictorial element on each page except for the title page.
You cannot use any words on your slides to convey your message.
One you begin your presentation after the title page, the slides will automatically advance after 20 seconds. You will verbally describe content for the presentation.
Required PK Presentation & Summary Elements:
1. Introduction: Describe two social-constructed identities that you are comfortable sharing with peers in this class. For example, people identifying as lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender, queer, non-binary, formerly Incarcerated, new immigrant/first generation, racial or ethnic identities.
2. Share 1-2 experiences that describe how your identities intersect, and how power, privilege, and oppression have been manifested in these experiences.
3. Describe the health disparities relevant to your identities. Include historical and structural root causes contributing to these health disparities.
4. How has your experience(s) influenced your current or future role as a healthcare professional?
5. Reflecting on your identity experiences, what should be done to decrease health disparities to improve population health outcomes, and advance health equity:
. One change should be from the individual level (i.e., what can You do?; propose something other than to educate others or increase awareness)
. One action to advance health equity at either the institutional/organizational, community, or system/governmental level (this should consider the social determinants of health; proposing a change based on health educational interventions are not acceptable)