Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
Clinical Problem: Lack of a routine depression screening in primary care.
Theory to discuss: The Stettler Model
PICO Question: In adult patients with depression, seeking care in a mobile primary care practice, will the implementation of a depression screening tool compared to current practice, increase diagnosis of depression?
Future Actions proposed in Assignment 1: Implementing a depression screening protocol to identify patients with depression, as well as providing behavioral health interventions and referrals were proposed as a plan of action
Model Selection and Analysis (see prototype work provided under files)
For this assignment you will explore, identify, and critically analyze a model that could be used as a guide for directing a practice change related to the future actions identified in assignment 1. In addition, you will professionally reflect on your critical analysis and describe how selection and use of an appropriate model could positively influence implementation and sustainability of a practice change project at your professional organization.
To begin this assignment, you will first select a model (The Stettler Model). After you select the model, you will address each of the items below in a written scholarly paper. The items reflect critical questions to ask when selecting a model as described in Schaffer, M. A., Sandau, K. E., & Diedrick. L. (2012). Evidence-based practice models for organizational change: Overview and practical applications. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 69(5), 1197-1209.
EACH OF THE BULLET POINTS BELOW REPREENT A PARAGRAPH OF THE PAPER!!
1. Begin this assignment with an introduction. The introduction should include a discussion that provides:
• A brief succinct overview of the professional experience and future actions discussed in assignment 1 (provided at the bottom of this page, needs to paraphrase though). End the second paragraph of the introduction with a statement that explains the purpose of the assignment (e.g., The purpose of this assignment is to……).
2. After your introduction, discuss the following content using appropriate APA level headings:
• Description of the Model – Provide the name of the model. Then, identify the author of the model, and the date the model was established. Utilize primary rather than secondary resources. Use primary sources.
• Purpose of the Model – Provide a descriptive summary of the purpose of the model. In your summary specifically speak to the context and situations in which the model is useful.
• Classification of the Model – Provide a clear detailed description of the structure of the model (choose from the option of individual use or organizational processes as discussed by Schaffer et al.).
• Key Features of the Model – Provide a descriptive summary of the key features of the model and how the features of the model support the future actions you identified.
• Steps of the Model – Provide a descriptive summary of the steps of the model.
• Relationships in the Model – Provide a descriptive summary of the linkages among and between the steps associated with the model.
• Assumptions in the Model – Provide a clear description of the assumptions associated with the model and how the model can be applied to professional practice. Give examples using your topic. In your description clearly identify why the accepting of the assumptions is necessary for successful application of the model to a practice change project.
• 3. Application to Professional Practice. Provide a descriptive summary of your critical analysis findings. In your summary, clearly identify how the purpose of this model is linked to the future actions you identified in assignment 1; and how the key features of this model support the future actions you identified in assignment 1. Thoroughly discuss the application of the model for a practice change project at your professional organization regarding the future actions you identified in the previous assignment. The application section should be detailed with examples using your future actions.
4. End your paper with a conclusion. The conclusion should present a summary of the key takeaway points of the paper. The conclusion should not present any new information.
**** The rest of the instructions is in the file sections.